I am a writer/artist and academic.
My research hijacks speculative and science fiction in search of a radical ‘outside’ to the human(ities), including extensive writing on the intersection between digital materiality, the arts, and posthumanism.
In March 2015 artist & activist Morehshin Allahyari and I released The 3D Additivist Manifesto: a call to push additive technologies beyond their breaking point, into the realm of the provocative, and the weird. The resulting 3D Additivist Cookbook will be published in early 2016.
I will complete my practice-based PhD in Art at Goldsmiths, University of London, in Autumn 2015. Please follow these links for more detail:
Please get in touch immediately to offer me jobs and things.
The /stream section of this site archives what I read, write, watch, think, research, and do as part of an ongoing experiment with aggregation and meaning. You can think of it as an interactive notebook and portfolio.
Some ongoing art projects you should take a look at:
- The 3D Additivist Manifesto: a speculative manifesto created with artist Morehshin Allahyari
- Gifbites: collaborative project on/about/for animated GIFs
- Glti.ch Karaoke: net/performance collaboration with Kyoung Kim
- rourke_ebooks: a twitter bot version of me
- Neanderthal News: a twitter bot devoted to the world’s 2nd favourite hominin
My really really really old blog/website, huge-entity.com, has gone into stasis. Explore it at your leisure.